Important Information Regarding your Appointment
- Please arrive on time at the side door on the north side of the building (by the parking lot) 5 minutes prior to your appointment and please knock on the door.
- Bring all prescription glasses that they currently are using (you don't need to bring old glasses they no longer use).
- Children may have ONE parent come in and wait in the waiting room during their eye exam. Children under 10 may have one parent come in for their eye exam, older children are asked to come in on their own. If you have multiple children booked for eye exams only one child will be allowed in at a time, all other children will be asked to wait in the waiting room. Please ensure you have someone to watch any small children in the waiting room if you are needed to attend to your child's eye exam.
- We may need to dilate your child. Children 10 and over we do recommend dilation once every 2 years. Children under 10 are dilated only as needed based on the examination results.
- Patients that are more than 15 minutes late will be asked to reschedule their appointment
- We require 24 hours for any cancelations to avoid a cancelation fee.
- OUT OF RESPECT FOR OUR TEAM, PLEASE CANCEL YOUR CHILD'S APPOINTMENT IF THEY ARE SICK (SNEEZING, COUGHING, RUNNY NOSE, FEVER, VOMITING ETC).
CONTACT LENS WEARERS: If your child wears contact lenses, please bring either a picture of the contact lens box of the right and left eye, or include the information in the form below. PLEASE TAKE THEIR CONTACTS OFF before their appointment, and ensure they wear their glasses to their appointment. A contact lens fitting is legally required in Ontario to give a contact lens prescription. At their appointment they will receive their up to date glasses prescription, which you can take to any optical or optometrist office to be fitted for contact lenses. If you'd like help from the optical with a fitting they can do so, this is an additional service with an additional fee, that is done on a separate day as trial lenses must be ordered.