Important Information Regarding your Appointment
- Please make sure your child wears a tight fitting mask to their appointment to prevent their glasses from fogging up and our equipment from fogging up. This will ensure we can get an accurate prescription for them.
- Bring all prescription glasses that they currently are using (you don't need to bring old glasses they no longer use).
- Children under 10 may have one parent sit on their exam. All other family members will be asked to wait outside of the clinic. Children 10 and over are asked to come in on their own. Please wait in the parking lot in your car, when the exam is done the doctor will send you a text message to let you know to come back into the clinic to go over the results.
- If the answers to your covid screening questions change between now and your appointment time please call our office immediately at 289-997-3385.
- We may need to dilate your child. Children 10 and over we do recommend dilation once every 2 years. Children under 10 are dilated only as needed based on the examination results.
- Patients that are more than 15 minutes late will be asked to reschedule their appointment
- We require 24 hours for any cancelations to avoid a cancelation fee.
CONTACT LENS WEARERS: If your child wears contact lenses, please bring either a picture of the contact lens box of the right and left eye, or include the information in the form below. PLEASE TAKE THEIR CONTACTS OFF before their appointment, and ensure they wear their glasses to their appointment. A contact lens fitting is legally required in Ontario to give a contact lens prescription. At their appointment they will receive their up to date glasses prescription, which you can take to any optical or optometrist office to be fitted for contact lenses. If you'd like help from the optical with a fitting they can do so, this is an additional service with an additional fee, that is done on a separate day as trial lenses must be ordered.